To start accepting PayPal payments you need to set-up your NVP/SOAP API keys to be able to split payments between you (the marketplace owner) and sellers. You also need REST API API keys so sellers can login and connect their own accounts to your marketplace.
First of all visit the settings section in the admin panel yourdomain.com/panel/settings. Now get the API keys from PayPal.
- NVP/SOAP API Signature credentials:
Taken from https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-request-api-signature-or-certificate-credentials-faq3196
- Log in to your PayPal Live or Sandbox account.
- Click Profile near the top of the page, then select Profile and settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click My selling tools.
- In the API access section, click Update.
- Under NVP/SOAP API integration, click Request API credentials.
- If you have already generated an API Signature, then View API Signature appears. Click that option to view or remove your existing API Signature.
- If you have already generated an API Certificate, then View API Certificate appears. Click that option to view or remove your existing API Certificate.
- Note: If you are prompted to verify your PayPal account, then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select one of the following options, then click Agree and Submit.
- Request API Signature – Select for API Signature authentication.
- Request API Certificate – Select for API Certificate authentication.
- PayPal generates your API credentials as follows:
- API Signature credentials include an API Username, API Password, and Signature, which does not expire. These values are hidden by default for added security. Click Show/Hide to toggle them on and off. When finished, click Done.
- API Certificate credentials include an API Username, API Password, and Certificate, which expires automatically after three years. Click Download Certificate to save the API Certificate to your desktop.
2. Here’s how to request REST API keys:
- Go to Paypal developer Site here https://developer.paypal.com/developer/applications
- Click on Create App
- Choose name of your app and click Create App
- Now you can see and manage everything include client ID and secret.
- Please make sure you set the Return URL to https://yourdomain.com/account/paypal/callback AND check “Accept Payments” and “Login with PayPal”.
Once the credentials are entered in your settings dashboard sellers can connect their accounts and start accepting Paypal payments with you receiving the application fee.
Don’t forget you can also set-up stripe payments to accept credit cards directly.